Rye Whiskey

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

rodwha

Reaction score
Some time back we went to an open house at Ranger Creek, a very small brewery/distillery. They offered 3 drink tickets, and one could be for a whiskey, which is what I did as I had seen they offered their new .44 Caliber rye bourbon. I found I really loved it.

So far Ranger Creek has been my favorite followed by Wild Turkey. I've also had Bulleit and Knob Hill. But I bought a bottle of something I haven't seen, which is Jefferson's straight rye whiskey aged 10 years and 94 proof. Anyone tried this?

Can anyone recommend another rye whiskey that's fairly forward with the rye flavor?

Sanjuro

Reaction score
This is a little off topic because I don't drink hard liquor but the brew-stillery happens to be down the road from where I live. If you need me to pick you up anything from there PM me and we can work something out. I helped bottle their Rimfire about a month ago. I also helped bottle their OPA last Thursday on the 17th of July.

OP
rodwha

rodwha

Reaction score
Awesome! I had always wanted to go and help on bottling day but just never made it over there.

And I certainly appreciate the offer, but I asked my local liquor store about it and he said he'd be more than happy to order it for me (he stocks the Rimfire and .36 Caliber).

I certainly love their oatmeal pale too, as well as Small Batch #8, the British barley wine.

OP
rodwha

rodwha

Reaction score
So I decided to pour a drink…

It's not as flavorful as I had hoped, but it is quite smooth. It's not dissimilar to Bulleit or Knob Hill's rye.

Latest posts