Running out of Kegs - Guess it's time to bottle!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmckee56

Reaction score
I have never bottled my beer and I am running out of kegs and storage capacity. My refigerator has 4 kegs in it, I have 3 taps on the wall of my game room. All but 1 keg are full of something or other and now I am faced with either purchasing additinal kegs or bottling.

Seeing as my refrigerator has been converted to hold my kegs, I also have no space for various brews to be stored cold. What's a beer brewer to do? I can't stop brewing, cuase I enjoy it so much. Should I drink faster or invite you all over for a party?

Salute! :mug:

I fill one keg out of a ten gallon batch then bottle the rest. That way all winter I set the kegs back and drink bottles, then in the summer when the kegerator is open I set the bottles back.
I like the idea of having a party though. ;)
Cheers

Start working on your conditioning cabinet. Since you have a 4 keg system, you'll need space for at least 8 kegs.

Actually we just purchased a new stove, our next purchase is a new refrigerator, so I will have access to a second unit to use for conditioning and storage.

Until then, I guess I just have to "suck it up" or give it away.

Salute! :mug:

I am faced with either purchasing additional kegs or bottling.

Sounds like an easy decision to me....you could always just build up a pipeline if you don't have room in your keezer. Just rack to keg and hit with 30 lbs. C02 before you store. This does necessitate that you have a way to keep the kegs from getting too hot in your house over the summer :mug:

You could brew a few big beers which you could do some aging in a secondary for a while. It would give you time to drink the kegs up, and still brew new brews.

Do a nice oaked beer and let it age and suck up some nice oak flavors.

Back