Rubber handles coming unglued from corney keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonymark

Reaction score
I have some old pinlock Spartanburg kegs. One of the rubber handle tops has come loose from the keg on one side. Anyone know the best adhesive to glue this back on? Is there another solution to this problem beside removing it all the way and having a handle or bolts for handle welded to keg?

j0RMvuI.jpg

8tMnj4G.jpg

Post up a for sale ad on CL with a disclaimer as to the condition and start over? I don't know how to glue them back on.

Good luck,

Homebrew finds posted a link recently on some Gorilla glue that people were using to successfully repair disengaged or broken handles. You might check that out

whatever you use, you need to make sure that both the keg and the handle are clean and dry before you put on the adhesive. myself, I would probably use a two part epoxy. But gorilla glue might work if you get it in a few spots. beware, the gorilla glue expands like crazy as it dries

Gorilla glue is cheap and easy and is nice to have around the house.

Clean up the metal and rubber, spread some glue on it, spray a little water on the glue to activate it and put something relatively heavy on it as it sets. The glue will probably ooze out from under the rubber, but it trims off really easily.

I've done a few of my kegs, none have failed and I am confident picking them up by the side that I glued.

I just fixed two of my kegs. I used an automobile exterior trim adhesive. Its water resistant and holds up to hot and cold temps. I picked it up at auto zone. A tube fixed two tops and one bottom.

I've used gorilla glue on one of mine and it's held up nicely.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Where in "Atlanta" are you located?...........Post it by your name.

I repaired a busted bottom ring on two of my kegs, with some out of date sealer / adhesive we use here at work, ( aircraft industry), worked like a champ!

I might could hook you up if you are in range...........I'm on the South side.

All those other glues sound like they work as well.

Back