rubber coated keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GarciasHomeBrew

Reaction score
is it possible to remove the rubber from this keg?
http://sacramento.craigslist.org/bar/498786020.html

010102010212010300200712049371027d406df39534000ea4.jpg

What's wrong with the rubber? Unless you plan to DIY Keggle it.. That rubber keeps the contents cooler longer..

El_Borracho said:
What's wrong with the rubber? Unless you plan to DIY Keggle it.. That rubber keeps the contents cooler longer..

I'm willing to bet my keggle that he wants to make into a keggle ;)

I bet the rubber would come off the first time you used it as a keggle ;) granted, all the black smoke would reek, probably ruin your beer, maybe catch the whole thing on fire, possibly damage the metal, and it would no doubt look terrible afterward...

Funkenjaeger said:
I bet the rubber would come off the first time you used it as a keggle ;) granted, all the black smoke would reek, probably ruin your beer, maybe catch the whole thing on fire, possibly damage the metal, and it would no doubt look terrible afterward...

But it would be fun to watch! :D

Funkenjaeger said:
Yeah, that stuff catches on fire really easy. Don't ask me how I know. :eek:

I would think that would make a great mash tun, as long as you didn't wan't to direct-fire it. Maybe for a HERMS/RIMS system...

e lo said:
I would think that would make a great mash tun, as long as you didn't wan't to direct-fire it. Maybe for a HERMS/RIMS system...

Bingo!

Exactly what i was going to say.

Cheers

Back