Rose Saison. Does anyone have a recipe?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beer42O

Reaction score
I'm looking to brew a rose saison (5g) I have three ounces of rose hips and want to use rose petals as well. I also might use rose water. Has anyone ever brewed something like this? I have read different things about when to add the rose hips. Any advice would be very helpful 😊😊😊

Hi, I know this is old but this you manage to make a fine recipe with rose hips?

Not quite a Saison, but I've made a Belgian Dubbel with rose hips and rose petal extract extra a number of times and it's turned out quote well:

5 Gallons
WLP530 Abbey Ale
10 Lb of Pilsner (or 5 Lbs of Pilsen DME)
1.25 Lb of Caramel 120
12 Oz of Munich 10
1 Lb of D-45 Candi syrup
1 Oz Willamette (5.5AA) at 15 minutes
2 Oz Willamette (5.5AA) at 5 minutes
8 Oz Rose Hips

Boil 8 Oz of rose hips in water to make a tea - strain out all solids
Mash @ 152 for 60 minutes
Boil for 60 minutes
Add Candi syrup at 10 minutes left in the boil
Add rose tea at whirlpool
Add Rose Petal Extract to taste at bottling
Carb to 2.8

For a Saison, you should use a Saison strain and maybe substitute D-5 Candi syrup and Carapils for most of the Caramel 120 and bump up the Munich to cover the rest. I'm also tempted to try Loral for the hops next time as they're known for a very floral aroma. Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks @Vandulus for the recipe and tips. Looks great. I am going to try the Saison based on your recommendation,

Back