Root Beer Kombucha

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HebrewedsoIbrew

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I was wondering if any of you have ever made Root beer kombucha, I'm a big fan of Root beer and kombucha so I wanted to try it. if you have made it, How did it taste? are there any tips I should be aware of What was the recipie? I'm going to try half a gallon test batches. I would appreciate any help!

You plan on adding it during primary or secondary? Secondary may be a safer bet but give it a shot!

secondary...you can taste and control it and you dont run the risk of it causing any issues with your culture...mayeb even make a concentrated version so that the kombucha doesnt get diluted

I'd give water kefir a try for this one.
I'm infusing a batch with ginger at the moment but I recon you can stuff almost anything into it...

I'd give water kefir a try for this one.
I'm infusing a batch with ginger at the moment but I recon you can stuff almost anything into it...

I plan to make rootbeer with kefir grains soon, I'm currently just waiting for them to grow enough, I have high hopes for them.

Back