Root Beer Keg?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kenoglass

Not only do I brew but I play ukulele!
Reaction score
So looks like I might have gotten a root beer keg from online....I hope I can salvage it. So far it's soaking in some oxyclean. If that doesn't work I will pbw it any other ways besides replacing all seals as well??

I saw someone put rubbing alcohol in overnight and took out the smell so that's my last resort.

If you are trying to use this root beer keg for beer you might have a problem...I have been told over and over that once you use root beer in a keg all the spices pretty much make it a dedicated root beer keg and to not put beer in it afterword it wont taste right.

If you are planning on using this for root beer yeah pbw get it cleaned up and go for it.

After a few good rinses and a scrub with hot water, a long hot soak with PBW should remove every last trace of root beer syrup. Don't forget to brush the inside of your dip tubes until clean. A little BKF will help. It's inconceivable the stainless holds on to it, as if it were porous.

And sure, new o-rings everywhere.

Back