Romanian Beer in the US

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thelionsdenny

Reaction score
Does anyone know where/how to buy Romanian beer in the US? Minneapolis area specifically would be great? My in-laws are from there and it'd be cool to surprise them with something from home country

So a quick browse online would suggest that you would have a much easier time finding Romanian wine, but of course maybe you are looking to shoot the for the moon.

Do you have any european markets close to where you live? I have been able to find Moldavian wine and beer in the euro markets. Not sure about Romanian but I'm guessing if I can find Moldavian then Romanian shouldn't be a problem at all.

Timișoreana should be pretty easy to find since it's run by SABMiller

Thanks all. I reached out to a Romanian wine distributor hoping they could help me out too but we will see. I will reach out to SABMiller and their local distributor as well.

SABMiller confirmed my fear, you cannot get Romanian beer in the US. They do not import it here. Unless someone "knows a guy" :)

Does anyone know where/how to buy Romanian beer in the US? Minneapolis area specifically would be great? My in-laws are from there and it'd be cool to surprise them with something from home country

Lionsdenny got some bad info; it IS possible to get Romanian beer in the US.
When I lived in the suburbs of San Francisco, there were several Eastern European markets that sold it. A Russian deli, a little Polish market and even. Hungarian store — they all sold a variety of Romanian, Czech and other great beers.
Minneapolis is bound to have markets like that in the area. Just google “Russian deli” and go from there.

Back