ROGUE PACMAN on sale!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

david_42

Reaction score
Ok, so this is a commercial item, but it is Pacman and it is on sale!

NORTHERN BREWER HOMEBREW NEWS January 2007 In this issue... -- Happy New Year! -- Wyeast On Sale -- Rogue Pacman still available -- New World Vinyard wine kits WYEAST ON SALE! --------------- Due to an ordering mistake, we have all our refrigerators stuffed to the brim with lots of pure, fresh Wyeast XL Activator Packs. And guess what? We're getting thousands more next week, too! Please help us make room by stocking up on Wyeast this week. To encourage you to do just that, we're slashing the price from $5.75 per pack to an outrageously low price of $4.65 per pack. We reserve the right to cancel or modifiy this offer at any time, so check our web site for the latest prices and offerings! http://www.northernbrewer.com/wyeast.html ROGUE PACMAN STILL AVAILABLE ---------------------------- By the way, we still have plenty of the famous Rogue Pacman Ale Yeast, and it, too, is on sale for just $4.65 a pack!!

Long enough. I've had yeast for months. If you have any doubt about it, make a starter.

Looks like a great deal, except when you add shipping for 4 packs, the price averages $6.30 per SmackPack. I'll head up to Austin Home Brew and pay their $6.49 and get them when I need them.

It's a shame they don't have free shipping like Morebeer.com. I'd buy $60 worth of yeast for free shipping.

Will the Rogue brewery give/sell homebrewers who show up at the brewery(yes, for consumption of happiness in a keg:mug: ) some spent yeast? Does anyone know if they'll do that? Has anyone done just that before? I know someone who has showed up to a local brew pub and got a small bucket full, but Rogue?

Dude said:
Thanks for the heads up...I stocked up on some yeast, including a Rogue Pacman, even though I hate just about every rogue beer.

I'm surprised to hear that you're not a Rogue fan. I don't like their brews across the board as much as say, Stone (the best brewery out there, for my money), but overall I've thought they are pretty good. Had some Dead Guy on draft tonight, went down very well.

Also, I think this is the first time they released their yeast to the public. Not sure about that; someone else may know.

that's pretty cool for them to do that.. and it makes sense also.. thanks!

aekdbbop said:
sorry, newbie question...

what's so good about rogue's PM yeast?

I am fairly certain the PacMan contributes very much to the clean finish of their products using it.

david_42 said:
Ok, so this is a commercial item, but it is Pacman and it is on sale!

NORTHERN BREWER HOMEBREW NEWS January 2007 In this issue... -- Happy New Year! -- Wyeast On Sale -- Rogue Pacman still available -- New World Vinyard wine kits WYEAST ON SALE! --------------- Due to an ordering mistake, we have all our refrigerators stuffed to the brim with lots of pure, fresh Wyeast XL Activator Packs. And guess what? We're getting thousands more next week, too! Please help us make room by stocking up on Wyeast this week. To encourage you to do just that, we're slashing the price from $5.75 per pack to an outrageously low price of $4.65 per pack. We reserve the right to cancel or modifiy this offer at any time, so check our web site for the latest prices and offerings! http://www.northernbrewer.com/wyeast.html ROGUE PACMAN STILL AVAILABLE ---------------------------- By the way, we still have plenty of the famous Rogue Pacman Ale Yeast, and it, too, is on sale for just $4.65 a pack!!

DARN YOU! Just when I was 'resolving' to cut back homebrew spending for 2007.....:p

Pacman yeast gets it name from it's ability to gobble down just about anything. Attenuation can run 80% or better. It is also clean fermenting and temperature tolerant. As a liquid yeast, it's about as close to Nottingham as you can get.:D

You know, I have 3 packs of yeast from Northern Brewer in my cart and the estimated shipping weight is 2lbs?? I am missing something?

[edit]Do they really ship it with almost 2 lbs of ice packs?[/edit]

At the LHBS here in Salem, OR (Homebrew Heaven) ROGUE PACMAN is ALWAYS in stock. Has been for about a year or more now. 3 months ago I brewed my harvest ale with it. I was just down there yesterday and decided to try the WYeast short run yeast for my ESB instead of ROGUE PACMAN. It's still in stock. Anyone else get it when they want at their LHBS?

or if you are feeling adventurous (or cheap), you can just harvest from a 22oz bottle of Rogue....

<--- slinks away sheepishly

Back