Rodgers overload--COUNTDOWN TO 421

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
olllllo said:
I know you want to post bird. You've held off all day.

Huh? All I know about Rodgers - other than he had one good game, then got hurt - was Dude saying how bad he sucked before last year. I'll let one of you guys pick him up for FFB!

Actually, what I would worry about were I a Packers fan is how much pressure this kid's going to be under. He can't try and be the Next Favre, and the fans can't expect him to be. Think of the problems that Miami had post-Marino and that Denver had post-Elway (although I think Culter will ultimately be fine). The first couple of years can be ugly unless the QB's got the force of personality and the inherent self-confidence to deflect the pressure, the inevitable, unspoken "Brett would have been able to complete that pass!" that's bound to occur.

He played for Tedford at Cal, who has a great college system, but traditionally turns out underachieving pro QB's.

See- Harrington, Joseph; Smith, Akili; Feeley A.J.

Back