ROAD TRIP DC to Atlanta!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sshamash

Reaction score
Hello friends--

Myself and a few buddies are road tripping from the DC area to Atlanta in December. We have no legit plans/route yet. Any recommendations on breweries along the way? Or beer related activities that should hit that can potentially be on the way?

I have no shame in driving a few hours out of the way for a good pint.

Any and all recommendations are appreciated.

Best,
Saul

Burnt Hickory Brewery - 2260 Moon Station Ct. Kennesaw, GA - Usually two tours a month, we'd early in the month, sat late in the month. This place brews the best beer in GA. I guarantee that for $10 you will get more beer than you can drink in 5 hours. BBQ served there if you get hungry.

Looking for something you didn't expect to see in Atlanta? Lake Claire Community Land Trust Drum Circle. First and third sat of the month. $5 or $1 if you bring a drum. Sit by the fire, dance with friendly hippies, watch the fire spinners or sit up at the top for a unique view of Atlanta. Dogs are welcome. No drugs or alcohol unless discrete. http://lcclt.org/calendar/drum-circle/

Sshamash said:
Hello friends-- Myself and a few buddies are road tripping from the DC area to Atlanta in December. We have no legit plans/route yet. Any recommendations on breweries along the way? Or beer related activities that should hit that can potentially be on the way? I have no shame in driving a few hours out of the way for a good pint. Any and all recommendations are appreciated. Best, Saul
I'd definitely try and hit as many of the breweries & brew pubs in NC on your way. Check hot Find Craft Beer app for cities along your route. If you can make a swing through Ashville you won't be disappointed.

Standard local breweries with tours and tastings- Sweetwater, Red Brick, Red Hare. Smaller and newer-Monday Night Brewery, Three Taverns, Blue Tarp, burnt Hickory (as previously mentioned), I'm sure I'm leaving some out.

Brew pubs-must see-Brickstore and The Porter. Other good ones - Wrecking Bar, Taco Mac (regional sports bar chain with 100+ taps), Twains

Beer stores to load your trunk for the trip home- Greenes, Tower, Total Wine

Certainly hit Asheville. There are (I think) 16 breweries there right now. Wicked Weed is a personal favorite. Here is a list: http://ashevillebrewerytours.com/breweries/

In ATL, hit Sweetwater (another personal fav) and Monday Night. Monday Night has limited hours so plan accordingly.

In ATL I'd also hit Hop City Bottle Shop for bottles to take home with you.

Hello friends--

Myself and a few buddies are road tripping from the DC area to Atlanta in December. We have no legit plans/route yet. Any recommendations on breweries along the way? Or beer related activities that should hit that can potentially be on the way?

I have no shame in driving a few hours out of the way for a good pint.

Any and all recommendations are appreciated.

Best,
Saul

I may be close, I am just off 395 inside the beltway, but would be happy to buy you a beer or two, or pour you a couple off the keezer if you stop by, but hit up what you see. That is the joy of craft breweries and homebrewers. I bet you could find HBers from this site all along your planned route.

Back