RIP - Ray Manzarek

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, if true, I'm saddened to hear of his death. The Doors have always been in the top three bands that I would have loved to have seen. Hendrix, the Doors, and Lynard Skynard.

I always loved listening to Ray talk in the numerous interviews I've seen.

Well, if true, I'm saddened to hear of his death. The Doors have always been in the top three bands that I would have loved to have seen. Hendrix, the Doors, and Lynard Skynard.

I always loved listening to Ray talk in the numerous interviews I've seen.

I ve seen Skynard.. It was a crazy show. Imagine this
38 special
journey
reo speedwagon
ted nugent
and the head liner was
Lenard Skynard

sucks now I feel old when all the good band members die off
janis, jimmy, sid barret, jim, and now ray
really sucks ray was a local boy

This really sucks to hear. I absolutely cut my teeth on this band in college! Myself and a partner in crime howled at the moon to the Doors on a nearly nightly basis. Am drinking a few in memorium as we speak. Here's to you, Ray Manzarek!! We hardly knew ya...!

:rockin: :mug: :rockin:

I listened to a lot of Doors growing up. That sucks right there.

I remember one particular interview with Ray shortly after the Oliver Stone Doors movie came out. Ray was a tad agitated, and I mainly remember him saying, "Jim was NOTHING like that" in reference to how Morrison was portrayed.

Oh, and I never could stand Val Kilmer. Is he even still alive?

I remember one particular interview with Ray shortly after the Oliver Stone Doors movie came out. Ray was a tad agitated, and I mainly remember him saying, "Jim was NOTHING like that" in reference to how Morrison was portrayed.

Oh, and I never could stand Val Kilmer. Is he even still alive?

If I remember correctly he was mostly upset that Stone chose to portray Jim as a tee total drunkard. Jim was pretty out there but lsd was more his speed vs alcohol, probably because it was a drug you could still have motor function while tripping.

Latest posts

Back