RIP Midnight, my Malaysian Wondermutt

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajmartinez

Reaction score
14 years ago, I found a litter of puppies in a trash pile on the other side of the planet in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. I kept one as my dog, and named him Midnight (the others also got good homes). Last night, we had to put him down. Luckily, all of his people were here to say goodbye. My siblings, my parents, and my grandparents. We all loved him, and he loved us all back. He was the best dog ever; my family and I will miss him.

I'm glad he made it through one last Christmas. Sounds like he had a rocky start but a long, good life!

Thanks folks. Was a hard hit to take, especially considering my younger brother is getting married tomorrow. That's why everyone was home.

It never gets easier to say goodbye, but I wouldn't live without a couple dogs.

He sounds like a wonderful companion - sorry for your loss. Your photos are outstanding, you can just see his personality in them!

Sorry to hear about your dog bro.

I think you are the only one in Malaysia, ever, to care about animals enough to rescue one much less immigrate it. You done a good thing. It kills me everytime I am there how many sickly animals wander the streets due to poor control and lack of care/consideration. Through most of Malaysia, dogs and cats are disregarded like rodents.

That sucks AJ. 14 years is a good run, and I hope you appreciated every minute with him. I find Dogs to be MUCH better than people in the long run... Good luck with your next one, may he be half the dog Midnight was....

heartfelt condolences. what a pretty dog...and that pic of him lookin up at the man with the guitar just says it all. thank god for dogs

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the kind words. It's a bit lonely around here without Midnight, even in his old age.

I'm so sorry about the loss of your dog, I know it's tough but you know you did the right thing. I bet he's enjoying a nice big bone in dog heaven!

Back