RIP Michael Jackson

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MAYBE....TMZ is the only place saying he's died. Everyone else is just stating he had a heart attack and may possibly be in a coma.

I think they are saying Coma because they don't want to break the bad news yet.

God speed Mikey.
michael_jackson.jpg

Who knows what contributed to it, might of been hooked up on something. Sure was nutty enough.

Rest in Peace? The guy was a freaking pedophile.

Being famous doesn't buy a pass for being a pervert in my world.

While I was truly saddened with the news of Farrah's death earlier today, I don't feel the same about this one. I don't wish death on anyone, but I won't miss Jacko. I didn't care for his music, and if there was any truth at all about the charges he faced (acquittal notwithstanding), the world is now less one sicko.

I think Michael Jackson was a prodigy. Anyone in my generation has to have been touched by his work at some point, going all the way back to the Jackson 5. He is definitely one of the single most talented performers of our time.

He was definitely a bit wacko, and may well have acted innapropriately with some children, and that is inexcuseable by any stretch. Yet I have always felt like so many of his oddities were tied to his father who pushed him relentlessly and never let him enjoy a childhood. Michael Jackson's life was simultaneousy a mammoth triumph of success and a Shakespearean trajedy.

Either way he left an indelible mark on the american pop landscape.

Lets all bow our heads and pray for his deliverance directly to whatever evil afterlife awaits him.

He deserves whatever punishment is laid out to him.

Awesome, the kids are now safe. Good riddance. Justice was not served here, lets pray that it is in eternity.

I don't ever wish death upon anyone and the people decided he was innocent. Whether you think he molested children and touched the weiner of every child then you are probably right. But when he was sane and normal, he was the greatest f*ing thing out there. I know some may hate his music but you have to admit that your children and your children's children will be bopping there heads and dry humping each other on the dance floor when his music comes on.

RIP Wacko Jacko you pedophile, talented son of a *****!

I don't ever wish death upon anyone and the people decided he was innocent. Whether you think he molested children and touched the weiner of every child then you are probably right. But when he was sane and normal, he was the greatest f*ing thing out there. I know some may hate his music but you have to admit that your children and your children's children will be bopping there heads and dry humping each other on the dance floor when his music comes on.

RIP Wacko Jacko you pedophile, talented son of a *****!

Um, when I heard about it on the car radio today, both of my kids said simply, "Micheal Jackson- who's he?" I take that as a clue that his music died long ago- and good riddance.

Oh, and those same "people" said that O.J. was innocent, too. Yeah, whatever.

All the local new channels are going nuts with this out here.

At least this should draw some unwanted attention away from Farrah's family.

+1 on missing the REAL Michael Jackson more.

PH2007083102095.jpg

I kept watching CNN who couldn't confirm the death for a while.

I was just hoping he would moonwalk out of the hospital.

Um, when I heard about it on the car radio today, both of my kids said simply, "Micheal Jackson- who's he?" I take that as a clue that his music died long ago- and good riddance.

Oh, and those same "people" said that O.J. was innocent, too. Yeah, whatever.

then maybe i am speaking of your kids friends. i dont know well they know who he is now.

I think of Michael Jackson as similar to Mike Tyson. In their prime they were juggernauts. They did incredible things that were amazing. However, in their late years they both let their lives be controlled by other people and turned out to be wackos. Jackson's got pedaphile charges, Tyson bit off Holyfield's ear. They were young prodigies turned bad in their older age.

Billie Jean still bumps, I don't care what anyone says.

MJ was the master in his time! No matter if you liked him or his music, the millions and millions of fans and albums, #1's, and top 100 hits speak of his talents. His dancing and on-stage performances were revolutionary.

Many people put him down for his actions, but he is not really very different than The King, who died of OD and got fat and had many of his own "personal problems". Yet the king is never forgotten. Frankly, I think my kids could recognize an MJ song easier than an Elvis song.

As a Detroit Pistons fan, I sort of equate MJ with Dennis Rodman. Both were stars in their prime, but later became freaks. I won't personally miss MJ much, because his day was done, but I still do recognize the effect he had on the world of music in the 80s and to a certain extent, the 90s.

Now sing with me!

I want to love you! (PYT)
Pretty Young Thing!

And all this time I thought he just bleached...:drunk:

Vitiligo is a real condition. I've had it since I was 9. Every year that white patch gets bigger and I dread the day it reaches a part of my body I can't cover with clothing.

Maybe I'm biased but I at least always believed the guy about that.

I think Michael Jackson was a prodigy. Anyone in my generation has to have been touched by his work at some point, going all the way back to the Jackson 5. He is definitely one of the single most talented performers of our time.

He was definitely a bit wacko, and may well have acted innapropriately with some children, and that is inexcuseable by any stretch. Yet I have always felt like so many of his oddities were tied to his father who pushed him relentlessly and never let him enjoy a childhood. Michael Jackson's life was simultaneousy a mammoth triumph of success and a Shakespearean trajedy.

Either way he left an indelible mark on the american pop landscape.

Well said :mug:

"Learn to separate the ART and the ARTIST" - Questlove

That is all.

I agree 100%. As a person, he became irrelevant long ago. I'm a metal fan, but I still respect what he was able to to for pop music. His musical accomplishments are some of the best of anyone.

Vitiligo is a real condition. I've had it since I was 9. Every year that white patch gets bigger and I dread the day it reaches a part of my body I can't cover with clothing.

Maybe I'm biased but I at least always believed the guy about that.

From what I understand, he was taking stuff to cause it. There was a newsman who had the condition and used makeup for a while to cover it up. He stared out as a black man, but eventually he will stop using the makeup and he'll be "white". White people can get it and it can be noticeable and sometimes embarassing.

Am I the only one who thought MJ was much better looking before he had any work done? Ok, maybe the nose. The first time...

I think of Michael Jackson as similar to Mike Tyson. In their prime they were juggernauts. They did incredible things that were amazing. However, in their late years they both let their lives be controlled by other people and turned out to be wackos. Jackson's got pedaphile charges, Tyson bit off Holyfield's ear.

Don't forget the rape and imprisonment, I originally typed that with the intent of pointing at Tyson, but I'm just not sure if he needs to be singled out there.
(side note: Tyson is pretty funny in The Hangover)

I also like the comparisons to Elvis. Give it 30 years and nobody will care much about Jacko either. Although, like Elvis, I'm sure there will still be obsessed fans that mourn for him each and every birthday or deathday gone by.

The way his life played out was a tragedy and that is a shame.

I remember watching Thriller on MTV when it first aired. It was great. I watch the Jackson 5 cartoons as a kid but they were not my favorite. I bought Thriller but rarely listened to it. I was into other music at that time (Peter Tosh, the Stones, Talking Heads, the Specials...) Michael has simply been a side show and says more to me about our society then it does about him and his waked out life.

I am simply grateful for the life I have.

So, when are they opening up Neverland for tours?

Back