RIP Big Kahuna!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnonyBrew

Who rated my beer?
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I never met Charles (aka Big Kahuna) in person, but I feel like I had. There were several years we shared brewing and life knowledge here on HBT together. I wanted someday to meet up for a beer & now that's not going to be possible. So sad.

RIP BK. I'll be tossing one down in your honor tonight.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/members/BigKahuna/

I was so sad to hear of this today. He really was a big part of the HBT family for a long time, and I have happy thoughts of chatting with him. He will be missed.

I logged in from a long absence from HBT to see if there was a thread For Charle's passing. I would see Kahuna about every second or third GABF. I guess that won't happen this year.

We stayed connected on social media, but we only had a hint of what might be happening in his life with his kids and family. It's a sad day.

Thanks for opening this thread, Chris.

This sucks.

We had the pleasure of hanging with Charles several times. He was always a happy guy and had such a genuine personality. It pained me to hear of his family stuff but I thought if anyone could endure it, it would be him. I'm not sure what happened, but when I saw the news yesterday I did not want to believe it. I caught myself several times thinking of him. I'm glad I got to call him a friend. He will be missed immensely.

I logged in from a long absence from HBT to see if there was a thread For Charle's passing. I would see Kahuna about every second or third GABF. I guess that won't happen this year.

We stayed connected on social media, but we only had a hint of what might be happening in his life with his kids and family. It's a sad day.

Thanks for opening this thread, Chris.

Good to hear your "voice" again, too bad it's not under happier circumstances...

The Tagline on his posts should be prominently displayed somewhere on HBT:

Seriously. I'm here for BEER
It's Not The Size Of Your Rig That Counts....It's How Often You Use It.

Charles (Big Kahuna) was a friend. We'd meet here on HBT around 2007-2008, and stayed connected through social media, and the occasional visit. He was a good guy, and we had fun times discussing life, family, and politics.

Charles was also the editor of his small, hometown newspaper, a cattleman, and a total junkie of the island lifestyle. He left his wife and high school sweetheart behind, and two kids. I hope that everyone remembering Charlie here will spare some thought for the family he left behind. It's going to be a tough road for them.

Back