RIP Anvil Foundry

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattman91

Reaction score
Tried brewing today, but my Anvil Foundry **** the bed. The screen is blue, but no numbers are showing. It seems as if it has some water damage. No idea how. Luckily, Anvil has a replacement screen for $32.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Sorry for your loss, but good to know Anvil provides screens. I can’t imagine dealing with alibaebay with a cheepo company. I sealed mine with silicone around the face last year and so far good to go. Heard they started sealing them from the factory, but can’t confirm. Keep us updated on the replacement please.

After reading several accounts of water getting in I covered the panel with a sheet of plastic. Are there any issues with going around the panel with silicone? I wondered why it wasn't sealed with a gasket or something in the first place. I'm still careful to avoid spills over the panel as much as possible. Even so, I love the unit.

Back