RIMS for Dummies

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loucurr

Brewing to please me 😎
Reaction score
Ok...I just watch a video of a RIMS system that was used to recirculate the mash through a heating element to maintain a constant mash temp.

I would love to replicat this project...does anyone know of this system? It uses a heating element with a PID to monitor the temp. If so please ahare.

suggest you ask Bobby_M - he's the rims master

You might also want to look into HERMS as well, a little different but almost same principle

Check out the Electric Brewing section. Many vendors out there with tri-clamp systems or you could find the huge RIMS for Dummies thread and bulid one out of SS pipe.

suggest you ask Bobby_M - he's the rims master

You might also want to look into HERMS as well, a little different but almost same principle

I've put together a robust and functional hardware solution for the element tube and enclosure but I'm very far from an expert in using it as a fully designed system. I now have my test controller built and will be doing a lot of practical testing in the future. In the meantime, rely on all the folks who already brew this way regularly. :mug:

Back