RIMS build - PID Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inspector13

Reaction score
I have built a RIMS set-up from the RIMS for Dummies thread by Sawdustguy using the Auber SYL4342 PID. It is all together and ready to go except, I can't make heads or tails of the instructions of the PID operation instructions. PLEASE can anyone help me! I would love to have some simple instructions to use this thing. Not just plain English but, maybe plain Redneck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

Even "some" help... Please.

Ok, I have a 2362, but the instructions are fairly similar.

First, read the users guide associated with the PID.

http://auberins.com/images/Manual/Manual 43X2 v3.2.pdf

This is critical to your success at using this PID.

See page 2 for list of what you need to know if you've never operated a PID.

On page 3 there is a Setup Flow Chart. You do not need to change every value, but you do need to know how to change certain values.

Pages 3 & 4 tell you parameters can be changed and what they are displayed as.

Page 5, section 4.7 shows you some additional setup parameters. In particular you will need to change or confirm the setting for the temperature probe you have purchase. You know what you purchased, find the value for that and input that into the Sn field.

Let's start with that and then see where you are.

I am assuming you can power up the PID and have a temperature probe of some type.

Also, you would you mind letting me know where you are getting lost in the user guide?

Paul

Back