RIMS - ATMOR Super 900 - Water Heater

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ManScience_Brewing

Reaction score
Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone has ever used this product to build a RIMS system:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/ATMOR-Su...tric-Instant-Water-Heater-AT-900-10/205515513

I am researching how to build my own RIMS to utilize existing equipment. That being said, I have found several DIYs on how to make a RIMS Tube from a water heater element and some piping. I saw this product and thought immediately, I could use that instead!!

Thanks in advance!

Plenty of concerns with that. First and foremost, that element looks awfully small for as powerful as it is, you are going to be at risk of scorching. Second, its going to be impossible to clean. Its not designed to have a sticky liquid pumped through it.

It says maximum temperature output is 140 F. I'm sure it can be hacked to go higher, but that will void the warranty. Also, the sticky wort issue should not matter as these things (at least the ones they use in my office) are triggered on by the flowing fluid, so ought to turn off when you stop the flow. I'm sure there will be a learning curve on the cleaning. Go for it!

Back