Rhizomes?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RustHunter

Reaction score
Hey all, I'm new here and i need some advice and maybe even some full blown help over here!
I decided to start growing some hops 2 years a go, and the hops are growing great! Unfortunately the time of year they need the most attention spring and fall, is the time of year Im usually socked with work. last year i paid like zero attention to them, it seems I am a shoddy hopsmen.
Were off to a good start this year though, i got my trellis back together, pruned, weeded and pulled rhizomes, but now i have a pile of rhizomes in bags hangin out in my Fridge, worst of all the lables i had when i first started the hops faded in the sun so I really dont know what type of rhizomes ive got...
PDRM2970.jpg

can any of you identify these hops? I would like to sell them or something, i really dont known what im gonna do with them at this point??
they could be Cascades, Willamettes, Nuggets, Centennial or possably Kent Goldings

I don't believe there is any way to tell variety until they produce hops. I would keep it as a hobby and either plant them, give them away, or make them compost. My hop garden is getting overrun with new plants popping up everywhere, I have come to terms with pulling up the extras an adding them to a compost pile.

Wait what? you don't know what they are...you dug them up mid grow... now you want to sell them.
I'll take them on a hospice basis nursing them back to the real world. Pm me.

Back