Rhizomes for sale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hopfarmer

Reaction score
I will do the same deal as last year on Cascades and Chinooks buy 3 get one free buy 10 get 4 free $3.50 each. I will open the site up next week for sales. Also have some 2009 Idaho Cascades (non organic) $10.00 pr/lb 5lb min about $10.00 in priority shipping http://www.coloradoorganichops.com/

I will be posting short and simple growing instructions,here and on the web site Its time to get Hoppy ,I am already sick of winter,slept for 2 months and am ready to FARM Cheers Glen

Paonia!?! My wife's family lives there. In fact, I almost bought some hillside property that was for sale probably 1/2 a mile from your farm a few years back.

Do you go to the Trading Post much? They are regulars there, I believe.

No shipping to Washington State, I assume?

Let's hope not (at least to the counties that grow hops). I don't want another hop shortage, especially if someone blames the importing of Organic hops into Washington State as the cause.

I think I might have to import some of these into Wyoming though. Go ORGANIC!

Here is the list from his site....

Cascade – Coming Soon
Centennial – Coming Soon
Chinook – Coming Soon
Mt Hood – Coming Soon
Magnum – Coming Soon
Northern Brewer – Coming Soon
Newport – Coming Soon
Sterling – Coming Soon
Nugget – Coming Soon
Willamette – Coming Soon
Zeus – Coming Soon

I am also interested, I've been reading up on growing hops and I'm hoping to get some going this year.

I've read that Cascade, Magnum, and Nugget are good "beginner's hops" because of their ease of growth and resistance to disease. Does anybody have any experience with that?

I don't know about Magnum, but I have read that Cascade is definitely a good choice as a first hop to grow. I have also followed threads where Nugget was grown with great success but you need to be patient with it... most of Nugget's growth is late in the season, after the Cascade has really taken off. I plan on planting Cascade this year... first time... and maybe some Nugget.
Good luck...

I have also heard that it is very, very difficult to grow Willamette... does anyone know any tricks to get Willamette to grow well? I hear Anheuser Busch uses this hop and would like to give it a try.
Also, John Palmer says in his book How to Brew that Galena is his favorite bittering hop. Does anyone have any experience growing Galena?

I grew Nugget, Galena, Magnum, Cascade, Centennial, Fuggle, Chinook and horizon this past year. All were first year plants and all gave up some cones. I set up a watering system and had good success. I am currently testing hops of those types to see which I really would like to keep. I planted these types because I knew they were easy to grow in Wisconsin climate. Bets thing I did was plant them in a hole filled wit decent soil/compose. They took off and if I had any idea what I was doing, I may have had a better harvest. I did very little except give them good soil to start in, some mulch and a watering system so I did not have to remember to water them myself.

This year I may remove a couple of those and replant new (read hops I like better) rhizomes. Definitely interested in this. I could not find any horizon locally to test with and I know I would like to plant more cascade and centennial. Maybe Willamette as well.

Scott

Paonia!?! My wife's family lives there. In fact, I almost bought some hillside property that was for sale probably 1/2 a mile from your farm a few years back.

Do you go to the Trading Post much? They are regulars there, I believe.
Cool stop by if you get up this way

I will do the same deal as last year on Cascades and Chinooks buy 3 get one free buy 10 get 4 free $3.50 each. I will open the site up next week for sales. Also have some 2009 Idaho Cascades (non organic) $10.00 pr/lb 5lb min about $10.00 in priority shipping http://www.coloradoorganichops.com/

I will be posting short and simple growing instructions,here and on the web site Its time to get Hoppy ,I am already sick of winter,slept for 2 months and am ready to FARM Cheers Glen

Should we put 3 in our cart to get the free one or order all 4 and a discount would apply?

Thanks.

Back