Reynolds Handi-Vac Bag Sealer.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smizak

Reaction score
...is the shizznit!!!!!!

Just picked one up @ Target for $3.99 (pricecut) and a box of 14 quart size bags for $2.50. Just vacuumed up some loose Cascades I had in the freezer, and it works 10 times better than the $100 Foodsaver Vacuum machine my mother has.

We've got one of those too. I haven't used it in brewing yet, but we use it for lots of other things. My favorite is the huge bricks of cheese we get. Take the cheese out, slice some off, put it back in, suck the air out and you never get crust cheese again.

It does work rather well. I've noticed for pellet hops though, after a few days, it's not gonna be all tight like that anymore.

I noticed that some pellet Centennials were not vacuum tight after about five minutes. Changed the bag, same thing. Then I took a closer look at the little circle valve thingy, and it had a bunch of hop dust under it. So I vacuumed that bag, then immediately put it in another bag and sealed that. Now it seems to be holding.

We've got one of those too. I haven't used it in brewing yet, but we use it for lots of other things. My favorite is the huge bricks of cheese we get. Take the cheese out, slice some off, put it back in, suck the air out and you never get crust cheese again.

I hate cheese crust. Especially when it's your roommate who steals some of your cheese and then leaves it open. Grrgh.....

Back