REX-C100 in Brew in Basket setup overshoots

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tal O

Reaction score
I recently moved from a cloth bag for my eBIAB setup to a stainless mash basket.
In my last brew day, I noticed the kettle overshoots significantly (more than 5C).
I think this might have to do with the basket causing less circulation in the kettle, but I'm not sure. Maybe it's something to do with the PID settings (I don't really know enough about how to set it up, etc.)

I'd really appreciate your thoughts.

Tal

I recently moved from a cloth bag for my eBIAB setup to a stainless mash basket.
In my last brew day, I noticed the kettle overshoots significantly (more than 5C).
I think this might have to do with the basket causing less circulation in the kettle, but I'm not sure. Maybe it's something to do with the PID settings (I don't really know enough about how to set it up, etc
I'd really appreciate your thoughts.

Tal
yes the pid needs to be autotuned if it hasnt been done yet. I do not remember how its done on aRex-c100 although it was my first pid for about 2 brews before I swapped it out with something with manual boil control mode and Fahrenheit readout.

For some reason, I couldn't get the autotune to start. But I did manually tune it - sort of. It's not exactly ideal now, but it sort of works.

Back