Rewiring a top bottom fridge to use as a fermenter chamber

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcc4507fly

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience or know how of how to wire up a fridge and bypass the circuit board? My GE circuit board recently fried and the fridge is junk without. I was considering using a STS 1000 dual controller to rewire the fridge, just not sure if I would need more to this circuit? Any help would be appreciated.

Do a search on the model number and see if you can find schematic. Sometimes they are on the back side of the fridge. If you have that it would be a big help in trying to figure out what needs to be rewired.

image-1944962769.jpg

image-1821268492.jpg

image-1337164911.jpg

image-3106959331.jpg

I have the schematic. It is pretty vague though. I know I'll need power to the compressor, condensor fan, evaporator fan, and to the defroster, and interior light if I so desire.

Ok so if I replace both fans with universal 110V fans and tie them into the 110V supply, then bypass the circuit board for lights, and compressor. Then plug into a digital controller to regulate temps?

You think it will be necessary for any relays or does the compressor need a warm up or cool down cycle?

Back