Review of Labeley.com

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pappers_

Moderator Emeritus
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
A few weeks ago, Ana from www.labeley.com asked if I would try their label-making site for homebrewers and write a review. My first attempt, on my first visit to the site, took me less than ten minutes. Its not a stunning piece of art, but it looks fine and was exceptionally easy to make.

See the label and read the review at http://www.singingboysbrewing.com/The-Blog.html

I want full control of my background colors if I do more than one. Failsite.

I think 'failsite' is more than a little harsh. In my review, I write that labeley.com is a good resource for people who want to make nice looking labels (not necessarily works of art) quickly. After having used the site once, I could now make a basic, nice looking label in 3 minutes. If I spent a little more time, say ten minutes, I could make a nicer looking label.

When I make labels, I have a template in Photoshop that I use as a starting point, generally. But I'm not a photoshop pro, it takes me some time to make my labels there.

Labeley.com may not fit your needs, but I think it is a good tool for some homebrewers.

I want full control of my background colors if I do more than one. Failsite.

You can choose one of 41 background colors, and you have an additional option to upload your own picture as background. We thought that it will be enough for any brewer, especially because we carefully picked colors that are most often seen on the beer labels.
Anyway, thanks for the feedback, we'll try to add different color picker with the unlimited selection of colors.

You can choose one of 41 background colors, and you have an additional option to upload your own picture as background. We thought that it will be enough for any brewer, especially because we carefully picked colors that are most often seen on the beer labels.
Anyway, thanks for the feedback, we'll try to add different color picker with the unlimited selection of colors.

When its bi-color I want control of both. There are times I want contrasting colors vs shade variation.

Nice site. Sure it's not perfect, not a lot of choices, but its good for someone who doesn't know about design and doesn't have access/time to use Photoshop.

I tried to use it on my mac, but it wouldn't work correctly.

If I typed "Red Ale" into a text field it would only display "Red" on the label. Basically any space that was entered would cut the line short. "A Celebration Beer" in the text field would display "A" on the label.

I tried everything I could think of, but I could not get it to work correctly.

EDIT: For some reason now it seems to be working. This would have been nice last week when I needed to make labels for my friend's wedding beers.

I tried to use it on my mac, but it wouldn't work correctly.

If I typed "Red Ale" into a text field it would only display "Red" on the label. Basically any space that was entered would cut the line short. "A Celebration Beer" in the text field would display "A" on the label.

I tried everything I could think of, but I could not get it to work correctly.

EDIT: For some reason now it seems to be working. This would have been nice last week when I needed to make labels for my friend's wedding beers.

I should have said that I tested it on a Windows 7 machine using the Chrome browser.

It's a pretty nice site... sure I use Photoshop and have alot more control, but for a free online site to do a quick, professional looking label... I like it.

I could get the program to place backgrounds, colors, and shapes. However, it would not put text on the label after clicking the apply button. I tried in the latest IE and in chrome. Interesting idea, keep going with it.

Hi!
New member from cold Sweden. =)

Labeley seems like a nice site but I´ve tried to apply my text to the label and it doesnt work. I´ve completed all the steps but it just wont work. The label never gets finished and the site just keeps on ticking. Tried to upload it for more than 50 minutes now and it simply just doesnt work.
Btw, Im using a Mac and Safari OS.

=(

Back