Returning to the brew world...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cannman

Beer Theorist
Reaction score
Hi everyone.

As some of you may or may not have noticed, I've been fairly nonexistent for the past 6 months or so. I had the unfortunate event of losing my father to cancer in mid November and everything about beer making, including things to do with this site, was put on hold. It has taken this long to put affairs in order, make sure my mom is going to survive alone (we live over 200 miles apart), and to make it through the grieving process.

When I got the call that the cancer was winning, I dropped everything in life within 20 minutes and drove to be with him. Just this week did I look into the beer shed, and found over 20 gallons of spoiled beer... while a deep cleanse is due for the equipment, it brought back the memories of this website and the good people who helped me along the way, and the people who I also left behind (I have a bunch of untranscribed beer judging audio sessions to still do for when I was studying for BJCP).

Friends of mine have asked about what happened to me, the brewing, and the memories, and I need to give the butt a good ol kick and start shaking off the rust, give a bunch of apologies, and start bringing smiles back to faces (starting with mine)

:)

there ya go

So - let's see what 2016 holds for us :mug:

Sorry for your loss that's rough. I've lost several friends to cancer and 5 family members so far are survivors. I wish your Mom well. Welcome back.

So sorry for the loss of your father. No need for apologies, you were there when family needed you and that's all that matters.

Welcome back.

Latest posts

Back