restored beer tower!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jah

Reaction score
I finally finished restoring my antique beer tower. It is from 1937. When i purchased it it was in pretty bad shape as you can see in the pictures. It took a while to gather all the components but i think it came out pretty nice. It was a pain in the a$$ ripping out the old plumbing and bringing the brass back to its original luster but well worth it.

just purchased
IMG_0108.jpg

old beer and glycol lines
1205002006.jpg

corrosion and grime

1205002069.jpg

perfection!
1208798779.jpg

That's sweet. How'd you ever get SWMBO's permission to mount it in such a conveniently great place like the table?;)

That is way cool plus the time you spent putting it back into its glory days condition.

Some pot head (not to offend anyone not my thing)would think it's an inverted party water pipe. Thanks for sharing.

Neat-O!!!! Nice job on the restoration!

The Billy Goat Tavern, eh?? Hmmm, wonder if it has anything to do with the Cubs' curse????

Maaaannnnn,
Are you sure that thing is from the Billy Goat Tavern?
It did open in 1937.
That is AWESOME.
I love that place and go there often. They have a few satellite locations now but I only go to the original.
Cheezborgor Cheezborgor Cheezborgor!!!!!!

Here is some history on the Cubs curse:
The tavern is also known for its involvement in the Curse of the Billy Goat (also known as the "Cubs Curse"). Owner Sianis brought a pet goat, a tavern mascot, to Game 4 of the 1945 World Series, a home game at Wrigley Field against the Detroit Tigers. Despite paid-for box seat tickets, Cubs owner Philip K. Wrigley allegedly ejected Sianis and goat due to the latter's odor. Supposedly, Sianis placed a curse on the team that they would not win another pennant or play in a World Series again.

I am so jealous!!!

wow. Now you simply must build a beautiful wood bar to compliment that tap. :mug:

StankAle said:
Maaaannnnn,
Are you sure that thing is from the Billy Goat Tavern?
It did open in 1937.
That is AWESOME.
I love that place and go there often. They have a few satellite locations now but I only go to the original.
Cheezborgor Cheezborgor Cheezborgor!!!!!!

Here is some history on the Cubs curse:
The tavern is also known for its involvement in the Curse of the Billy Goat (also known as the "Cubs Curse"). Owner Sianis brought a pet goat, a tavern mascot, to Game 4 of the 1945 World Series, a home game at Wrigley Field against the Detroit Tigers. Despite paid-for box seat tickets, Cubs owner Philip K. Wrigley allegedly ejected Sianis and goat due to the latter's odor. Supposedly, Sianis placed a curse on the team that they would not win another pennant or play in a World Series again.

I am so jealous!!!

Wow thanks for the history. I didnt know anything about the bar when I purchased the tower. I just really liked it and thought I could restore it to its original luster. The only proof I have of the tower actually coming from the Billy Goat Tavern are a few pictures of it being used ( there is actually a goat on the bar in one of the photos) and the ladies word i bought it from. I dont know why she would have any reason to lie because she didnt even tell me where it came from until after i purchased it. Occording to her it was her grandfather who owned the tavern and the tower was recently found in storage.

nathan said:
wow. Now you simply must build a beautiful wood bar to compliment that tap. :mug:

I am starting my bar build within the next week. Just ordered some nice mappa burl veneer for the top of the bar and inserts along the side, walnut for the bar itself, and a nice block of amboyna burl to make tap handles out of. Should be a cool project. I will start another thread documenting the build once it is underway.

That is the single coolest looking tap tower that I have ever seen.!@! nice job fixing it up.

Back