Restart of Fermintation, My beer is posseseed

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ekjohns

Reaction score
Brewed an Irish ale on 01/07/2011 and fermented at 65-66F with WLP028 Edinburgh Scottish Ale Yeast (65-70F), OG was 1.050. I pitched a nice 1.5 L starter and it kicked off within hours and fermented slow but with a very nice krausen with no signs of slowing. After about 4 days the krausen dropped and I figured it was done so I let it sit 4 weeks to finish up and condition. Well sunday I pulled it out of the ferm chamber and put it on a table to get ready to rack to keg. Came back a few hours later and I hade another krausen which has steadly gotten bigger over the past few days. Stuck Fermentation that obviously got restarted after moving it and allowing it to warm to 70F. I stuck it back in the ferm chamber and have been allowing it to sit at 68F. Since I am getting a pretty good krausen I am not sure if I should let it sit for just a few days after the krausen has dropped or a few weeks for clean up and conditioning. I ordered stuff to brew this coming weekend but I need the ferm down in the low 50s! Err...

edit - There is no signs of contamination

Happens more often than one might think. Let it finish re-fermenting and give it some for the yeast to settle back down, or just cold crash it for a few days and you should be fine to keg/bottle.

It should hopefully finish up in the next few days then Ill give it a week. Is that enough time to clean up?

Back