Resources for a mead Noob?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dextersmom

Reaction score
I'm looking to make a very basic mead for my grandfather. He was kind enough to donate his brewing equipment to my cause and the one request was that I make a good batch of mead for him.

Are there any good online resources for learning that also might include a basic recipe?

Thanks for the help as always!

Do the Leap year mead. It's basic. It's gonna be good. And it happens tomorrow.

Also check out www.gotmead.com and this forum has some great resources. I just finished the book THE COMPLETE MEADMAKER. Get it from the Library though, Because it's worth reading, but not owning.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=54281
This is the current Leap Year Thread.

It's Going to Freeken Rock!:rockin:

BigKahuna said:
I just finished the book THE COMPLETE MEADMAKER. Get it from the Library though, Because it's worth reading, but not owning.

I don't agree. Its an EXCELLENT resource. His honey profiles and yeast profiles are worth the price of the book alone.

malkore said:
His honey profiles and yeast profiles are worth the price of the book alone.
Ok.
I was not taking that into account. You are correct, and I will forever think of this when I end up referring to this book for the next 20 years.

Also...Dextersmom...When Malkore speaks...Listen...Even if he is just some dumb Robot that can turn into a car. :rockin:

Back