Quantcast

Report from Indianapolis

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

Pappers_

Staff member
Mod
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I spent a week in Indianapolis taking a class at Indiana University (final class in my track, non-degree certificate in non-profit fundraising management) and visited some fun beer-related places in the evening - Rathskeller, Sun King, and Brugge Brasserie. More photos and brief writeup at http://www.singingboysbrewing.com/The-Blog.html?entry=our-time-in-indianapolis-from

That's my swmbo on the left. She was able to join me for the week, visited some people she knew in Indy and worked on her book.

littletommy

Reaction score
Nice! I've been wanting to go to Sun King, but never seem to have a day to blow to drive up to Indy.

OP
Pappers_

Pappers_

Staff member
Mod
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
littletommy said:
Nice! I've been wanting to go to Sun King, but never seem to have a day to blow to drive up to Indy.
It was worth it. On a normal day, their tasting room is free and you are limited to six free tastes. Something about Indiana law regarding beer and food. On special occasions, they said they have a food truck stop by and then they can sell glasses of beer. If you're coming from a distance, it might be worth checking with them.