Replacing CO2 Gauges..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aekdbbop

Reaction score
Anyone had to do this? My gauges are really tight, and I cant seem to loosen them very easily. Any tips?

My hi pressure gauge has been on 0 for a month now, but still serving, but now, i think it is done. have to go geter filled up.

I've changed out all my low pressure gauges. I think the high pressure one is LEFT hand thread though which could explain why you're not getting anywhere. Can someone confirm this?

yeah, that would be nice to know.

aslo, how heavy should a 5# co2 tank be.. does it say on the stamp?

i think mine says TW: 11lb 10oz.. is that "tare weight"?

Yes, the high pressure ports, including the gage, on primary regulators are left-handed. It has also been my experience, really, really tight.

aekdbbop said:
yeah, that would be nice to know.

aslo, how heavy should a 5# co2 tank be.. does it say on the stamp?

i think mine says TW: 11lb 10oz.. is that "tare weight"?

A five pound tank with a tare weight of 11lb 10oz should weight about 16lb 10oz when completely full. Of course, this doesn't count the regulator so you might want to weigh that seperately so you can weigh the whole thing on the fly and know how much liquid CO2 you have left.

Those gauges are put in a lot of times with permanent thread locker, which can make them a ***** to get out because it's hard to get a good grip on the regulator. You'll need a long wrench and patience.

well, went and had my tank filled.. cold and heavy.

And my hi-pres gauge says 0.. ha, guess that needs replacing..

anyone have a good cheap source?

Ok, fixed the hi pressure gauge.. works good..

on another note, how much psi should a full tank have? mine is reading around 800 right now.. its a 5# tank.

Back