Replacement Springs for Liquid Ball Lock Quick Disconnect

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeCo

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Does anybody know where to get springs for ball lock QDs? I lost one after taking it apart for cleaning. Keg outlet has them for about $0.35, but the shipping is $9.99, and I can buy 2 new QDs at the LHBS for that. I hate to throw things away when they just need new parts. Any ideas on other sources? I guess I can wait until I need to order some other things from a keg supplier and add them on.

Adventures in Homebrewing (also Austin Homebrew Supply) has a kit for $1.99. Might be a shorter weight to order some stuff than a keg supplier. I'm prone to losing the o-ring myself, handy to have one extra and the poppet is metal in this kit.

Shipping is definitely going to be a challenge on any inexpensive item like a QD spring. No LHBS's near you?
Pretty sure CMB QD plungers have always been clear plastic. Wouldn't know about any other makes...

Cheers!

Shipping is definitely going to be a challenge on any inexpensive item like a QD spring. No LHBS's near you?
Pretty sure CMB QD plungers have always been clear plastic. Wouldn't know about any other makes...

Cheers!
I've got two metal plungers from an old set, no idea of the manufacturer. I threw away the plastic parts because they were from when I first started brewing and they were over 20 years old. They were on a set of pin locks. I remember one day I rediscovered I had them and I was surprised that they were metal which also caught my attention on that repair kit picture. Not particularly necessary, I will surely lose the o-ring well before the plunger breaks!

Back