Replacement poppets........

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stealthcruiser

Reaction score
Original equipment style, for Cornelius and Challenger VI brands.

Are they still available, and if so, the best place to source them, from your experiences?

Not interested in fooling with the universal poppets, if I don't need to, I prefer "plug and play" !

Thanks!

I have retrofitted all 6 of my Kegs with the universal poppets and they are 3 different makes. I don't know if anyone else has had any issues but i have never experienced any issues with them. super easy to install and no leaks as of yet.

I have 4 Corney Pin-Lock kegs that were not used for over 5 years and I contacted MoreBeer.com and was able to obtain poppets, Gaskets/O-rings and new lids for all of them. They are good to deal with and have most of what you need.
No problems with my kegs so far. Good luck with the Kegs.
ClearBeer1

I know you said you prefer not to use universal, but the reason I started using them is because my home brew store carries like 10 different types of poppets. I probably have more different types than that since I have over 20 kegs. Every keg was bought on line and who knows if a Corny ball lock was put ona Firestone keg when sold to me? I got tired of trying to match poppets. Hopefully you are successful. I just gave up....

I agree with the support for the universal poppets. I have had no issue with the ones I have installed, no need to determine/doubt you have the correct poppets, seem to have more sealing force to stop leaks and the O-rings are replaceable so the poppet should last forever :D

Back