Replacement firmware for iSpindel (GravityMon)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

kdw2pd

Reaction score
Ignore, answered my own question: per the GravityMon docs, newer (ESP32) chips don't have a diode that needs to be removed.

Also, thanks for adding support for the Floaty!

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

mper

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Ignore, answered my own question: per the GravityMon docs, newer (ESP32) chips don't have a diode that needs to be removed.

Also, thanks for adding support for the Floaty!
I had to remove the led on my c3 v1 since it as always on even during sleep

nhofer7

Reaction score
Does gravitymon require an internet connection to function properly. I'm trying to connect to my device using a local area that has no internet access. My main network is protected by a mac filter and I don't want bother my admin every time I want to set up a device. Anyways when the connect to the device through the local network the webpage does not show up properly. Would be great if we could use the device in a location with no internet to maybe send the data to a hub that shows the value on the screen. I have a couple friends who brew in locations with no wifi.

OP
OP
M

mper

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Does gravitymon require an internet connection to function properly. I'm trying to connect to my device using a local area that has no internet access. My main network is protected by a mac filter and I don't want bother my admin every time I want to set up a device. Anyways when the connect to the device through the local network the webpage does not show up properly. Would be great if we could use the device in a location with no internet to maybe send the data to a hub that shows the value on the screen. I have a couple friends who brew in locations with no wifi.
You dont need a internet connection for gravity measurements. But for the web interface to work properly you need aceess to a few urls to download js and css files.

There is not enough space on the device for those files

Its in the docs; see the q&a section in the docs

Btaz

Reaction score
I just came across this and it looks fantastic. I'm going to trying to get this integrated with an influxdb. looks like this should be compatible, but I didn't see much documentation on it. I'll pass in anything I figure out to help.

DuncB

Reaction score
I just came across this and it looks fantastic. I'm going to trying to get this integrated with an influxdb. looks like this should be compatible, but I didn't see much documentation on it. I'll pass in anything I figure out to help.
Excuse my ignorance but what will integrating this with influxdb achieve or could it achieve? Other than a challenge?

Thanks.

Btaz

Reaction score
Excuse my ignorance but what will integrating this with influxdb achieve or could it achieve? Other than a challenge?

Thanks.
the challenge is probably the main goal, but I'm working to get this and a Craftbeerpi controller both logging into an influxdb. then set up some Grafana displays.

OP
OP
M

mper

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
It works with influxdb v2, just enter the settings and you are good to go

DuncB

Reaction score
Its just another tool to create dashboards on the fermentation process. The advantage is you can run it locally
Thank you, I'm pretty much at my limit getting this working and brewpiless.
Next challenge is pressure monitor and auto spunding on brewpiless. It's great stuff