removing posts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roryspa

Reaction score
sorry guys one more quick question. any ideas to loosen thein and out posts? about to use an impact wrench!
~Joe

Yeah, they are awkward, aren't they? Hard to hold that round keg and turn at the same time. To get some leverage, I stuck a broomstick through the handles and put the keg up against a wall. That helped a bit.

Ah, this is a keg question! Sorry, I never used a keg and was unfamiliar with the terminology. My bad!

You hit the nail on the head about the awkwardness! I am beginning to get very excited... decided to keg in november, but were in process of buying a house so i put it off. once in the house, you know how things tend to go wrong, thus it got put off again. Finally had the chance to brew. It goes into secondary tomorrow or saturday. My kegs and kit are all in...the time is starting to get close so i really need to start cleaning. Thanks! for the broom idea.
~Joe

roryspa said:
You hit the nail on the head about the awkwardness! I am beginning to get very excited... decided to keg in november, but were in process of buying a house so i put it off. once in the house, you know how things tend to go wrong, thus it got put off again. Finally had the chance to brew. It goes into secondary tomorrow or saturday. My kegs and kit are all in...the time is starting to get close so i really need to start cleaning. Thanks! for the broom idea.
~Joe

Good luck with it all! I just started kegging THIS WEEK, and I am LOVING it sooooo much. I may never bottle again!

Smack the wrench with a hammer is what I had to do on some of my grunge kegs I received.

i am gonna try that later, i was dumb and bought a min rachet today figured it would fit inside handles perfectly, but it gives up leverage. Hopefully the hammer thing will help.

Seven-eighths deep impact socket on a half inch drive ratchet. Lean into it a little and maybe give it a smack or two with the palm of your hand. If that fails, add a Johnson bar and some piping on the end of it if necessary. Keep a vision of cold tasty beer on tap and it will give you the inspiration to overcome!

Back