removing Corona lables?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smallsc111

Reaction score
Hello all,

For my next home brew I wanted to use the Corona Familiar 32 oz bottles, How the heck do you get the label off of them? My Uncle said vinegar worked for him but I saw no results with it. I also tried denatured alcohol, Acetone, and in desperation brake fluid (since it ruins any other paint it touches). Any other thoughts?

I'm not sure about the familiar bottles, but the corona extra labels came off with a good long soak in CLR at 1:4 with water.

Soak, scrub, rinse, soak scrub rinse is what did the trick for me. It's applied in layers, so where there were numerous colors in thick coats, it took longer.

CLR will bring most of the label but leaves the red.. Its the same stuff as the red stripe bottles that nothing I've tried will take it off.. I have a scotch bright wheel on my grinder but haven't tried it yet

boo boo said:
I didn't think anything would work on those bottles. I'm sure star-san don't work, as I'm after trying that myself.

Yes, it will I have 3 cases of corona bottles that are crystal clear. I use them for skeeter pee. Just soak in any acid based cleaner. Starsan is much more expensive than CLR or lime away , but it will get the paint off.

Starsan does work but takes time.. CLR takes 20 minutes but sometimes leaves a couple specs here and there.. For me it was about the time it takes so I use CLR 100% of the time but use the same CLR over and over again untill it takes a long time to work...

I know that old starsan worked for the clear Corona bottles, but did you get something to work fro the familiar bottles?

Latest posts

Back