Removed aroma hops too early?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nevercominhome

Reaction score
I brewed my second batch Sunday afternoon. It was getting late and I was in a hurry. When the boil was finished, I quickly removed the hops and started to cool, whilst forgetting that I needed to leave the aroma hops in to steep while the wort was cooling. I am hoping that this will not affect my final product too much (it was a light ale kit). Basically, I'm hoping that someone will ease my fears and tell me to RDWHAHB...

You should be good as long as you had left it in the boil for a least 5-10 mins. But it all depends on what you like you can always dry hop in secondary also. Just use about an ounce of leaf hops or 3/4 ounce of pellet hops and let set in there about a week if you are not satisfied....Happy brewing.

Thanks for the advice and the comforting! I'll just see how it turns out and it'll be a lesson learned. Until then I'll relax and patiently wait until i can have a homebrew (3 weeks and counting!)

Back