Remenicing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sudbuster

This ain't my first rodeo....
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I had been brewing homebrew for many years before I ran across HBT in 2006. I didin't know what to think of it , so I lurked for several months. I was about to give it up when I ran across a thread that told me what HBT was really about. It was light hearted and fun. The information given was spot on. The tone of the thread made me want to join HBT. The thread was the proverbial EAC thread. What a hoot it was. So I joined as a lifetime member. Some of the members have disappeared, but most are still a mainstay of the forums, eapecially lady Yooper. The homebrew scene has changed since then. Imho more centered on personalities. Yet, Overall, HBT Is the best web based information source for the home brewer.

I was looking for a source of information to help shorten the learning curve when I started last year. I chose HBT because it had the most members. That many people can't be wrong, right? I spend most of my time using the trsuty search button to answer my questions.
Prost to everyone who has made homebrewing a lot easier with every post.

I was looking for a source of information to help shorten the learning curve when I started last year. I chose HBT because it had the most members. That many people can't be wrong, right? I spend most of my time using the trsuty search button to answer my questions.
Prost to everyone who has made homebrewing a lot easier with every post.

I agree, sir. wholeheartedly.

The thing I love about HBT is that it's not just a handful of "really edyookaytid" homebrewers occasionally posting works of epic lore amongst a bunch of yokels, smart-asses and trollers. It seemed to me that everyone realistically knew what the hell they were talking about (and still do, of course) when I joined up, and not only was everyone willing to help with whatever issue I was facing at the time, there was never a condescending word, and advice was usually delivered with a hefty dose of humor. After being moderator for several different online forums, HBT is, and always will be, the best run/best populated forum I've been on.

<3

ABOUT ME: sudbuster
Journyman machinist 11 years.
Mathematics/ physics teacher 17 years.
Dairy Farmer 12 years.
Retired
I've been a machinist, well . . . forever.
Math / physics teacher was my dream job in high school (but got distracted.)
My father was the milkman. I worked for him summers and weekends growing up.
Want to be retired, but as mentioned above, I got distracted, so it ain&#8217;t going to happen.

. . . and we found this place about the same time.
I wholeheartedly agree with your HBT assessment.

Back