Remember why we are here.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nasty_rabbit

Reaction score
We, living in America, are truly the most fortunate people in the world. This weekend we should put all personal, political, economic and religious biased aside and remember the reason that we have the freedoms that we have. Many believe the purpose of Memorial Day is:” woo hoo I have a 3 day weekend, can get drunk on Sunday, recover Monday and then return to work on Tuesday to brag about the chalk line that we drew around a neighbor”. Very few realize it is a time to remember the many who gave the ultimate sacrifice to protect the opportunity to be able to say “Woo Hoo”. For this I am truly humbled by and thankful to those braver than I will ever be to hand me that freedom without an expectation of compensation. Beyond those that have lost their opportunity to be here today my sympathies go out to the mothers, fathers, spouses, sons and daughters of the fallen. Again thanks to all who cannot be with us today.

Much thanks and tremendous respect to those who went into harms way to protect my freedom, and didn't return! May they all Rest in Peace!

I had the privilege of attending a Memorial Day ceremony at the National Cemetery in Bourne, MA today. I was in awe of the active and retired service men & women in attendance, including a Pearl Harbor veteran. It was a humbling and inspiring experience.

Back