Relief Valve

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gilbey

Reaction score
Are all pressure relief valves for ball lock Corny Kegs the same? I see I can buy the new valves online for about $6 each.

I have two lids with relief valves that have rubber gaskets that have worn out and leak. Wish I could just replace the rubber part, but I haven't had any luck.

Alan

I can't say for sure if they are universal or not. I had the same thing happen to me. (Leaky relief valve that would NOT stop hissing.)
My solution was to disable the relief valve by squirting food-safe silicon into it, and smearing a silicon seal over the valve from the inside. It's worked so far.

I now have to depress the gas-in poppit with my thumbnail to bleed gas from the keg, but I don't really mind that.

Sorry I can't answer your question, for 6 bucks though, it might be worth it just to try.

Thanks, that's actually a good temp fix that will work. All my kegs are in use at the moment, and I have a Wit in this keg with a leaky relief valve :eek: .

Alan

Latest posts

Back