regulator woes. Cor 4100

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slouch

Reaction score
image-245145029.jpg

Any one used this kind of valve? When I open the gas it all comes flowing out of the hole between the "COR" and the "4100".

Is there something I need to do to plug this up?

just got the regulator. it was used. never attached to the beer yet. just running through checks.

And it's adjusted all the way closed? Trying to think what would make it blow like that. Thinking something inside. Have you opened it to see how clean it is?

yeah. it looks ok...

Anything i could to to check other than visual?

My guess is your diaphram is busted as the only way I see Co2 coming out of there is "through" the diaphram.
Or are you 100% sure it is coming out that hole, I had a simular issue where I thought gas was coming out the equalising hole but it turned out that it was leaking around the tank connection (used a oring instead of a nylon washer and it was just not good enough!) hitting the reg and making it feel like it was coming out from the top of the reg.

It is definitely coming out of the hole. I can turn it way down (very slight opening) and it stops, be even a millimeter open, and it gushes out the hole.

also the high side registers nothing while the lo side is up at 60.

well. not sure if it is going to hold, but i just unscrewed everything for the third time. blew through each hole in an isolated fashion. reconnected and it seems to be fine.

I think it might be the lo side gauge having issues, but seems ok now.

It is definitely coming out of the hole. I can turn it way down (very slight opening) and it stops, be even a millimeter open, and it gushes out the hole.

Turn what all the way down? The reg or the tank valve? What gauge is on the LP side? Looks like a 0-60 so it is probably pegging out.

yeah, it was the tank valve that I was turning. The gauge on the lo side was pegging, but with a completely open line. not even connected to the keg.

the cleaning/blowing procedure seems to have it in line, but i may need to get a new lo gauge.

Something is very wrong with that I think. Personally I would be opening it up to check out the condition inside since it is a used reg.

never opened up a regulator before. any go how to's on the web?

If the inlet pressure from the tank is less than 500 psi you will have all kinds of weird problems. Is the tank almost empty? It sounds like it if the high gauge is not registering.

JRems said:
If the inlet pressure from the tank is less than 500 psi you will have all kinds of weird problems. Is the tank almost empty? It sounds like it if the high gauge is not registering.

No. Actually it is brand new.

Back