Regulator Troubles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mishraile

Reaction score
Gah,
So typically I let my beers carbonate slowly at my servinge PSI (11ish) and don't worry about it, but I wanted to have one carbed by this weekend, so I dialed it up to 30 psi, then after 24 hours tried to dial it down to 20 psi, then intended to dial it down to 11 psi on the third day, hopefully getting a fully carbed beer end of day 3, or into day 4. my PSI reader just keeps showing 30 psi though no matter how far I turn it down. I currently have it turned completely down (0 psi) and it still shows 30 psi. If I use the little release valve on the regulator it drops to 0 naturally but slowly climbs back up to 30 psi. I cannot figure out whats going on! Anyone have any thoughts?

I have a Governor Regulator fairly new (under a year old), connected then to a splitter that splits it into 3 tubes and have 3 new beers being carbonated on it right now.
Not sure if it matters but its a 20 lbs CO2 tank, and 3 ball lock kegs. Refridgerated at about 38 degrees.

That seems to make sense, didn't realize I needed to vent the kegs as I turned the PSI down, but logic seems to dictate that. I will try that. Thank you.

Did that, seems to have taken care of it! huh... I swear I had disconnected the gas from the kegs and it still did it... Getting Senile. :confused:

Remember also that when you disconnect from the keg your line will hold the pressure if it's a standard ball-lock fitting; you can press the pin in the center inside the fitting to vent. (Kind of like when you clean the beer line)...

Back