Regulator Starting to Oxidize

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkmcd3

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hey Everybody,

I bought a three way regulator from Keg Connections and I keep it in my deep freeze just resting on top of my kegs for now (until I can build something out). The deep freeze sits out in my garage. So needless to say, here in central Texas the condensation in that freezer is pretty high (I would imagine, I mean it stays pretty wet in there all the time).

I think my regulator is starting to oxidize. I put a picture below. Will this affect any of the fittings eventually if it get too bad? Also is there a way to avoid this from happening. I don't have many hobbies, and certainly do not spend much money on said hobbies, so I would like the things I do purchase to last a while.

Any thoughts? Is there any reason to worry at all or should I just chill out?

Thanks for the feedback guys.

John

Hmm, they don't look too bad to me at this point. Have you tried using Damp-Rid or a mechanical dehumidifier in the freezer. I would try something to cut the dampness down. Is the freezer closing fully? Are there any leaks in the seal? It doesn't take much to start letting air in.

Back