Regulator Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimiGibbs

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm trying to add two secondary regulators to my primary regulator. The threads for my secondary regulators are right hand thread (RHT) but my primary out is left hand thread (LHT). Is there such an animal as a 1" X 1/4" MPT nipple that is RHT on one side and LHT on the other? I've seen primary gages that are both LHT and RHT and I also need to order another one but I would like to order both together....
Thanks,
Jimi

Secondary regulators require a relatively low pressure (typically under 100 psi) for an input. You slave them to the output of the primary regulator. In my setup, I run the primary at 35 psi. That feeds the soda water and the secondaries, which feed the kegs. In the picture, the red-handled shutoff is on the line for the soda keg.

If your regulators have RHT for the input, just use a splitter off the primary's output or chain them as I have.

2113-img_0787.jpg

Cool.... Thanks. I was trying to avoid having the extra hose but I guess I'll do it that way. I want to have 3 controllable gas lines. 2 for kegs (when I get my keggerator) and one for force carbonating an extra keg when I need to.
Jimi

Simple. Put a Wye on your primay output and run that at your desired "force carb" pressure. One output goes to the input of your two secondaries. The other goes to a disconnect for your force carbing.

Back