Regulator question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DosGatosBrewing

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Just used my corny keg setup for the first time. LHBS talked me into force carbing, but by the time I found that I could only get it up to 17 psi, they were closed for the weekend.
I adjusted the regulator out until I wasn't comfortable going any farther, but it didn't change anyway.

Suggestions?:confused:

Thanks in advance
//wish I had just taken the natural carb route

At 17 psi you are force carbing the beer. Maybe you meant you are trying to burst carb, where you are hitting with a high psi for a day or two then turning down to serving pressure? It should carb up in 1-2 wks at serving pressure (17 is a even a little high, depending on your temp). Natural carb with sugar would actually take longer.

With regard to the regulator, you mean you are turning your dial or screw clockwise and cannot get the pressure to go higher? Will it not turn any further or you keep turning and nothing is happening?

That's how I carb. Set it to serving pressure and let it go a couple weeks. You don't have to go higher unless you're trying to do the fast force carb method to you're carbing above kegerator temps.

Thanks for the responses. Burst carbing is a better description

I got the regulator figured out. I was turning the adjustment screw the wrong way. I was thinking if I back it out, the pressure would go higher. But that was incorrect. I tightened the screw and the pressure went up.
I will try this method since I started it this way already, but I think 17 psi for few days would be better.

Back