Regulator location question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brian_n

Reaction score
I'm building my first kegerator, and I can't find the answer to a few questions on here. I have a 20lb co2 tank that I want to keep on the outside of the kegerator. My regulator setup is a dual primary setup, with PSI limit of 2000. My plan was to run a line from the tank through a small hole and into the fridge where it would connect to the regulator. Two questions:

Is it safe to have a connection immediately off the tank that isn't a regulator? It seems like most people have a primary reg hooked directly to the tank. If it is safe, do most people just have a barbed hose stem like this one? http://www.chicompany.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=375_20_314&products_id=1915

Thanks

I wouldn't do this! You can have your regulator on the tank, and then your distributor inside the fridge

If you want to run a line off of the tank, you need high pressure tubing as the tubing will be under extreme pressure until it goes through the regulator.

Here's a picture of the actual regulator I'll be using.

regulator.jpg

Yes, run 2 low pressure lines into the fridge. You could run only one and add a secondary regulator in the fridge if you really want two pressures in the fridge. I use my second regulator outside the fridge as a dedicated keg purge line always set to 30psi.

Back