Regulator Issue

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mforsman

Reaction score
Hey All,

I just moved and after unpacking my kegorator supplies I'm having an issue with the second pressure gauge on my regulator.

I filmed it here:
[ame]http://youtu.be/OjR1U5cOD60[/ame]

Basically the pressure continues increasing no matter what the control knob is set at. The control knob also fully unscrews which none of the other ones do.

Any ideas?

Thanks everyone!

I don't have a two gauge regulator and also never saw that before. But since you have two.. I would take them apart carefully and see if anything is different. Check if anything looks broken, stripped, bent, etc. then put them back together they way you found the working one. That's my suggestion.

(Didn't watch your video) If you are talking about the lowside pressure creeping up you may have a leak in the diaphragm assembly. Take it apart and carefully inspect and clean the seat assembly.

If a tiny bit of crud (like, brass bits left over from machining the regulator body) gets trapped in the seat the diaphragm could be perfectly fine but the regulator will bleed gas to the low pressure side. Before taking the reg apart you can try clearing it:

- close the tank valve
- remove the gas line from the reg body
- if there's an in-line shut-off valve on the output, open it all the way
- dial the regulator to wide open
- keep body parts and anything that could get damaged away from the outlet
- open the tank valve to produce a short but solid blast of gas through the reg and out
- repeat a couple/few times
- close the tank valve
- close the shut-off valve if so equipped
- turn the reg all the way down

- open the tank valve
- dial up the reg to an indicated 10psi with the shut-off still closed
- see if the problem is cured...

Cheers!

Back