Reg is leaking...need help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

h22lude

Reaction score
I brough my tank and keg to a party. I just tried to hook it all back up at my place and the connection between the reg and tank is leaking. I read that teflon tape should not be used. I looked at the o-ring and it doesn't look like it sticks out enough to make a seal with the tank. Any suggestions? What do I replace it with?

2013-02-24_11-38-05_196_zps0d4b929d.jpg

2013-02-24_11-38-29_629_zpsd4a9fa6f.jpg

2013-02-24_11-39-03_298_zps1592ff56.jpg

I see what you're seeing, that o-ring sure looks like it's pretty much cooked. Time for a new one - you'll need the make/model of the reg to find the right o-ring (and I can't tell either of those from the pics).

In the mean time if you have some keg lube I'd try a dab on it.

Tape doesn't help flare fittings (and indeed can mess them up) so don't bother...

Cheers!

Just use a co2 tank washer. Those o rings never seal good after a couple uses. You don't need to remove the o ring just get a standard cardboard or plastic washer at the gas supply. Usually the cardboard ones are only good for one use. I usually reuse the plastic ones 3-4 times before I toss it. They should be 25 cents or less.

Back