Refurbishing leaking flip pressure valve

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jharmon203

Reaction score
I have a pressure valve on one of my corny kegs that is a flip style of valve. It it leaking a bit and I was wondering if it's possible to replace these or if you just have to get a new lid. I do not see any replacement options online and it doesn't appear to unscrew, but I figured I would post here to just make sure I am not missing something.

fwiw, I had one keg out of 16 with a flip PRV - and it also decided to leak. But it did screw in/out and I was able to replace it with a pull-ring PRV to match all of my other kegs. You should be able to check it out using a PRV from one of your other kegs...

Cheers!

Here's a picture. Does this unscrew? There is another hole on the other side of the one shown, but it does not go all the way through.

Attachments

• 20200521_194321.jpg
    20200521_194321.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 21
it's occupied, but I can easily just bleed the air off and refill. thanks for the replies everyone.

You are correct the valve comes apart. there was a plastic nut on the bottom and I was able to unscrew the assembly. However, I do not see replacements for the flip style of valve online. Only the pull up kind seem to have replacements. What options do I have?

Attachments

• 20200522_105954.jpg
    20200522_105954.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 9
Last edited:
AIH actually has pretty good deals on used lids. i've bought quite a few, alot of them were a light blue plastic composite type material, a few were stainless. all work fine and were very cheap. like $5 a piece i wanna say. (been a while)

Back