• We have a new forum and it needs your help! Homebrewing Deals is a forum to post whatever deals and specials you find that other homebrewers might value! Includes coupon layering, Craigslist finds, eBay finds, Amazon specials, etc.

Refurbishing leaking flip pressure valve

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

jharmon203

Reaction score
I have a pressure valve on one of my corny kegs that is a flip style of valve. It it leaking a bit and I was wondering if it's possible to replace these or if you just have to get a new lid. I do not see any replacement options online and it doesn't appear to unscrew, but I figured I would post here to just make sure I am not missing something.

day_trippr

COVID-19 Chum
Reaction score
fwiw, I had one keg out of 16 with a flip PRV - and it also decided to leak. But it did screw in/out and I was able to replace it with a pull-ring PRV to match all of my other kegs. You should be able to check it out using a PRV from one of your other kegs...

Cheers!

OP
jharmon203

jharmon203

Reaction score
Here's a picture. Does this unscrew? There is another hole on the other side of the one shown, but it does not go all the way through.

Attachments

day_trippr

COVID-19 Chum
Reaction score
Looks different from the one example I dealt with.
Is that keg occupied, or can you show us the inside of the lid?

Cheers!

OP
jharmon203

jharmon203

Reaction score
it's occupied, but I can easily just bleed the air off and refill. thanks for the replies everyone.

OP
jharmon203

jharmon203

Reaction score
You are correct the valve comes apart. there was a plastic nut on the bottom and I was able to unscrew the assembly. However, I do not see replacements for the flip style of valve online. Only the pull up kind seem to have replacements. What options do I have?

Attachments

day_trippr

COVID-19 Chum
Reaction score
Ah, ok, that's a "dome top" lid I believe. This replacement PRV should work.

But, replacement lids aren't expensive. New Cornelius Keg Lid with New Pressure Relief Valve
I'd actually go with that vs replacing the PRV...

Cheers! (replaced stale link)

Last edited:
OP
jharmon203

jharmon203

Reaction score
Thanks! yeah I may just opt to get a new lid.

SanPancho

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
AIH actually has pretty good deals on used lids. i've bought quite a few, alot of them were a light blue plastic composite type material, a few were stainless. all work fine and were very cheap. like $5 a piece i wanna say. (been a while)

day_trippr

COVID-19 Chum
Reaction score
Well, they had the lowest price I could find for a new lid. So, yeah! :D

Cheers! :drunk: